OK. How this is going to work.
- The game will progress in three speeds. When not near NPC’s, players may interact freely without needing to wait for input from the DM or other players. When in Guard mode, all characters capable of acting will need to declare an action before the round can be resolved. In between these times will be somewhat muddy for now, as characters can interact mostly freely, but may need to wait for NPC input, and Guard mode could rear it’s ugly head at any time.
- No Out of Character talk in a Role Playing thread If the party Paladin mentions that his pizza is getting cold, bad things will happen to him. Start a new thread for that stuff.
- Talking is a free action, but bear in mind that when players engage in prolonged conversation, time will progress as normal. Extended strategic discussions before imminent battle may result in loss of initiative.
- After each encounter I will publish a condensed (story version) account and A roll log detailing all skill checks, saves, and attack rolls.
- If you wish to perform an action in secret, we will resolve those actions and encounters through the Obsidian Portal messaging system. Encounters of this nature will not be published on the forum but will be in the adventure log which will be updated at plot appropriate points.
- I will begin announcing when we are in “Guard Mode”. When an event occurs that is combat oriented, or may lead to combat, the flow of play will be restricted to one declared action. This will consist of one move and one standard action, just like combat. Talking is still a free action, but must be a phrase that can fit into a six second space of time. I will be lenient with this, but no soliloquies, please. When the event is over, I will announce that Guard mode is off. At this time players may interact with each other freely. As a general rule, the further the party is from NPC’s, the greater degree of freedom you will have in posting. The closer to NPC’s (especially when interacting with them) the more it will be necessary to wait for all declared actions to be in.